Thursday, March 27, 2008

Birthday Wishes for DJ Diva


It was not so long ago when I thought
I'd never meet someone like you.
Wrong was I, thinking I was in control
Believing I'd never fall.
For so long, I thought no one would melt a heart like mine,
a heart so cold, a heart hardened by the past,
protected by shields so vast.
Slowly I was falling without even knowing.
Only to find out too late I have no choice but to accept my fate.
I could dream, I suppose forever,
but the dream was really a self-inflicted nightmare.
Like all men, I needed love
really, I needed your love.
I lied when I said I wasn't looking for love,
at the time it didn't seem right,

I mean...

How do you tell someone you love them?
How do you say that they are all you ever wanted
and all you will ever need?
How do you tell someone that you will be there for
the losses and the victories?
How do you tell someone that you will be there through
good health and illness?
How do you tell someone you will love all the things that matter to them?
How do you thank someone for saving your life?

The first time you meet them.

Yes, in that Spanish bar, on Cinco de Mayo...I knew. Don't ask me how...I just did.

Honestly I think it was the calmness in your voice and life in your spirit
all of it was just...well...intoxicating....

Normally, I would go on and on about my feelings for you, but here, I wish to simply re-affirm to you that are my everything Diva and I will continue to dedicate my life to you.

Besides....tonight I will provide aTHOROUGH demonstration of my love and appreciation of you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY! mmmmmmmm..........Diva!

-Daddy!

No comments:

Blog Archive