Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Addressing the Bitchassness


"Do you even remember what the issue is? You just tryin' to find where the tissue is." -Kanye West

&

"Don't make me expose you to those folks that don't know you!" -Jay Z





Here we are, in the middle of a movement, and I'm having to address ish I've already paid for...literally. I, Scribe, owes no one ish. I am not in default. I am not non-compliant. In fact, I, Scribe have shown good faith, genuine purpose, and reliability. Jesus, I make myself sound like a Volvo! Seriously, we are trying to determine if a woman, a black man, a war hero, or a evangelical should be leader of the free world. Does Scribe really have time to deal with base ish? Hell to the naw. In the midst of preaching and reaching for prosperity, we should remind ourselves that we are still reaching. We should be ever aware that we are all but one ill fated moment from having to pick up the pieces and start anew. I do not write of God on my page much. Quite honestly, I don't feel qualifed enough, which is why it strikes me as hilarious that so many bloggers do. The God I believe in gave a great deal of power to man. He endowed us, I believe, with the idea that we can and should see and seek the sunshine in each other. Think about it. How much drama in your life right now is entirely based on issues when put into persepective mean absolutely nothing? Yet we embrace these issues, as if we need we are, wait, empowered by them? Let's address that as I wax poetically and psychoanalytically. I have found that people are actually empowered by bullshit.

Yep, its true. It comes from living mundane, routine, unfulfilling ass lives. This lifestyle consists of shuffling from the television station to the gas station and not adding anything of substance to your life in between. In this prison one is largely ignored and usually creates a facade to try to offset the feelings of lonliness. Victims seem to gain a greater sense of self-importance by being embraced for all the wrong reasons. To these people I say...knock it off. Its insulting. I gain no rise in self-esteem in blogging, no one should. This should be about saying what you want to say, not nulling the pain of a boring ass life. Normally, when I go on a writing hiatus its because I'm trying to find subjects that make me want to come back. I don't write to beat on my chest, talk about myself in grandiose terms, or to make others feel small. I write to illuminate truth. If I can't do that, then there ain't ish to write about. I frequent some of these pages, to be honest, you can almost smell how disengenious the authors are. Even more funnier, is when you know the author personally, and you know, there is not one shread of truth to their presentation.

As I told Diva the other day, I get respect, because I give it. I don't arbitrarily fuck people over. It isn't wired into my DNA to be that way. I wish more people here in the south respected that like people up north. Perhaps that's a blanket judgement I shouldn't make, but my experience has been that people back home recognize when somebody is being genuine. What I have noticed about southern folk is that come to you with judgements at the ready. They prod for flaws and harp on your mistakes. They do this more often when things in their lives are pretty sad. My guess is that they need to know another person is sad and pathetic like themselves. If they can't get you that way, then they try to intimidate you. Of course, all of this is an attempt to mask the truth about themselves (lesbian). You live with your cat and ain't had none since you and Johnny snuck downstairs and said to each other "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours." The funniest ones are the buff like ah-nold (gay male)....and really think they scare you. Negroes please....stop. Yall' remind me of negroes on line at a Chicken and Watermelon giveaway....typical.

All I expect from people is that they will reciprocate the respect I give them. Unfortunately, when people think they "know" you. Or because they did you a favor, they now have something "on" you it forces you to put them in their place.

So I will address this much here:

1. Respect my motherfuckin confidentiality. That's it. Stop being a Westminster contestant and give me my respect. All this "psuedo-phone thuggery" is corny. I don't care how big you are, or how much bass is in your voice. I don't need to hear all your fucking speeches. If you are threatened by me (skinny as hell) then you really must be as gay as many suspect.

2. Get on a weight loss plan, find you a man, or buy you a "Mr. Charlie" for those nights when your hand just won't do, but stop trying to make others feel inadequate cause you and cat are going at it every night.

I know, "Damn Scribe, why it gotta be all that?"

Cause, I haven't been right since the other night. I can't stand a self-righteous judgemental mofo. The other day, I had to deal with two and I need them both to know, I won't be intimidated, I don't need you, thank you and fuck you....I know what's up.

The Diva and me have gotten extra busy since being here. Its funny, because we've done more in the months that we've been here than most of the people we know that have lived here for years. She has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, in fact she should be damn proud of herself, because at anytime during this process she could have thrown up her hands...but she didn't. She had conviction and she stuck with it. What I love about Diva is even though she's been through a bunch of bullshit in life, she doesn't carry it with her to every relationship. She never has been and never will be a bitter, full-of-shit ass, biddie. She's as solid as they come, and will not allow you to wallow in self-pity, bitterness, or sorrow. She lights up life itself, and invites you to do the same. The problem with most mofos in her gender is that they can't keep up.

I'm hella proud of her and if the bloggers on here spent a week in my home and then heard some of the bullshit that's said about her and me, then they would understand why I unequivocally expect those people who have soooooo much to say to kiss my ass on Thanksgiving in front of Macy's window.

Let the get money first church-goers say, "Amen". That's what I thought.

2 comments:

DJ Diva The Mixtress said...

Damn Daddy. You went off. But you know what? I'm glad you did. We are a unit and what someone does to me? They do to you too. Folks swear they be knowing you until u gotta put a foot to da azz!

and

Yo ...you funny as hell yo. For real!

scribe-poetic said...

I've been asked to retract parts of this...to that I say this....NOPE! I stand by my post 100%.

Blog Archive